Please print this entire lease, sign it, make a copy for yourself
and mail or fax or PDF a copy to me at:
1812 West Bramble Berry Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85085
The following is your short term vacation lease for:
Martha's Vineyard Vacation Homes
Clif Freedman of
1812 West Bramble Berry Lane, Phoenix , AZ 85085
508-299-3291 voice or cell:203 521-9032
FAX: 508 629-0098
last updated January 1, 2014
This is a lease. If you do not understand it, please get legal advice before signing it.
Use the information from the "Final Letter of Confirmation" or
information on Credit Card Slip to fill in the information below
The "Final Letter of Confirmation" email and Credit Card Slip is part of this lease:
Leases to: * (Name of Guest)
Of: * (Address)
Of * (Town, State and Zip Code)
Home telephone number:
Cell phone number: _________________________*
Cell phone number: _________________________
E-mail address: *
The Following Premise (S) in Edgartown, MA 02539 on Martha's Vineyard
(The house you have rented is a NO smoking house. You are
responsible to insure that NO smoking occurs in the house and that if there
is smoking outside the house that all windows and doors are closed to insure
that NO smoke gets into the house. If my housekeeper determines that there
has been smoking in the house there will be an automatic $500.00
(FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS) charge against your credit card to "de-smoke" the
house. I will email or call you FIRST to inform you that this charge
will be made.
Please initial here to agree to this charge if applicable: __________________*
37 Hamblen Way (2 bedrooms, 1 bath)-2 queen-size beds (one in each bedroom) Telephone:508-388-
45 Hamblen Way (3 bedrooms, 2 baths)-1 king (MBR) & 4 twins & 1 queen size Telephone: 508-388-
46 Claypit Road (3 bedrooms, 2 baths)-1 king (MBR) & 4 twins & 1 queen size Telephone: 508-388-
54 Claypit Road (3 bedrooms, 2 baths)-1 king
(MBR) & 2 double beds & 2 queen size beds Telephone: 508-388-
FROM:_____________ ______, 2014, 2015, 2016 2PM.
____________ , 2014, 2015, 2016 11AM,
TOTAL NUMBER OF NIGHTS: ______________________
Please List All Other Persons That Will Be Staying at House During Vacation. If None, Write "None"
The Agreement Between the Parties Is as Follows:
1. THE RENTAL IS______________________________ PER
WEEK/TERM (indicate # of nights).
1a. AMOUNT PAID ____________
2. AND IS PAYABLE, IN FULL, BY__________________________
2a. BALANCE DUE________________
and agrees to cancellation policy as stated in information letter and on web site and below.
The Lessee Agrees:
3. To pay rent as stated above.
4. To vacate the premises at the end of the term at 11:00 AM.
5. On vacating the premises to deliver all the keys to the Lessor and to leave the premises LOCKED.
6. To keep and vacate the premises in as good condition as they are now or may be put by the Lessor, except as change may result from reasonable use and wear.
7. To permit the Lessor to enter at reasonable times, to examine the premises or make repairs or improvement.
8. During the term to allow Lessor to enter at reasonable times with prospective tenants to show the property.
9. To make NO alteration or SUBLEASE or Assignment without prior written approval of the lessor.
10. On vacating, leave the premises clean and FREE FROM RUBBISH/trash.
11. Tenant is responsible for leaving house clean.This includes but is not limited to:
Stove, Refrigerator, Sink, All Dishes, Pots and Pans, Kitchen Floor, Counter Tops, All Appliances, Bathrooms, and Bathroom Floors, Bedrooms and Bedroom Floors.
11a. See Departure Cleaning Checklist (Click here for link to Departure Cleaning Checklist)
12. The rent includes one hour of cleaning which is paid for by the landlord. If the landlord's cleaning service requires more than one hour to get house as clean as it was prior to tenant's occupancy, then TENANT SHALL PAY $50.00 PER HOUR TO RESTORE HOUSE TO GUARANTEED CLEAN POSITION.
13. If tenant wishes, tenant may have the option to have cleaning
service clean house at the end of tenant's term (vacation).
If this cleaning service is desired, tenant must sign (A) below and provide a $200 cleaning service fee to cover cleaning costs.
PLEASE SIGN "A" OR "B"
DO NOT SIGN BOTH but you must sign either A or B
13A) I (Tenant) Wish to Have House Cleaned by Cleaning Service and Will Pay a $200 Cleaning Fee to Help Defray above Referenced Cleaning Costs. This means that I will pay $200 to have landlord's cleaning service complete the items on the Departure Cleaning Checklist. I Understand the $200 May Not Cover the Entire Costs and the Rest Will Be Deducted from Standard House Security Deposit ($500). I Also Understand That Landlord Will Provide One Hour of Cleaning Service Free of Charge and I Will Get a Separate Cleaning Bill Specifically Showing Cleaning Charges.
Please Print Then Sign...Signature above (A) Indicates Extra Cleaning Service Is Desired.
or sign below (B)
Signature on line B Indicates Tenant Will Be
Responsible for All Cleaning Service
Costs as Explained in (11) above of Lease.
Please note that Landlord pays for "housekeeper"
to sanitize home and prepare it for next guest after you vacate.
Departure Cleaning Checklist is not a ToDo list, it is Only a checklist.
Bring this Lease with You on Your Vacation
Re address: ________________________________________, EDGARTOWN. , MA 02539
Date/day .............................. from (time)........................to (time): ______
The time is always from 2 PM to 11 AM unless previously agreed with Clif Freedman in writing/email.
Please List All Vehicles That Will Be Parked at House & and Indicate Owner.
(PLEASE INDICATE TAG. #, MAKE, MODEL, YEAR, AND COLOR OF CAR)
1. OWNER'S NAME:
2. OWNER'S NAME:
3. OWNER'S NAME:
IT IS AGREED: (1) That there have been no representations or agreements except as stated herein as to condition of or repair to be made on leased premises or approaches, or as to anything else to be done by Lessor; (2) If the leased premises are damaged by fire or other casualty, or taken in whole or part by eminent domain, so as to be unfit for occupancy, the Lessor may terminate this lease or may restore the property and shall make proper rent allowance for the interruption of use.
1. Security Deposit Is $500.00 and is in Addition to Full Rent (paid by check # or guaranteed by credit # _______________________________________________
2. FERRY RESERVATIONS FROM WOODSHOLE FROM M.V. (YES OR NO) (BOOKING #) (BOOKING
CAREFULLY CHECK YOUR FERRY TICKETS FOR SAILING TIMES AND IF LEAVING FROM VINEYARD HAVEN OR OAK BLUFFS ON RETURN TRIP!!!!!!
3. If applicable, please make all checks out Separately to Clif Freedman for Ferry Tickets.
4. Electric Is Included. I agree to keep all windows and doors ( closed when
air conditioning or heating is "on" (please initial _____________). This
includes the front door and and the sliding glass door.
5. Pets? $100 pet fee per pet per week. There is NO pet fee for rentals of one week or longer for the first pet.
6. Pet Damage Deposit of $150 is paid by check # or guaranteed by credit card #___________________________________________
6a. See separate PET POLICY which is addendum to this lease: Signature here required: and signature required on both last page of pet policy and barking dog policy.
7. Please make sure that all pet hair is vacuumed up ; and have pets checked for fleas and ticks each day.
8. The Security deposit is guaranteed by your credit card (not charged in advance). If there is a claim against your security deposit such as breakage beyond ordinary wear and tear I will contact you by email/telephone.
9. Lessor provides a fully furnished house ready for housekeeping, including
pillows, bed pads, and blankets for each bed. Towels and Linens Are Provided;
along with Blankets and Pillows. No Linens, Towels or Blankets or Any Property
from the House May Be Brought to the Beach or off Premises!!!!!
LINENS and TOWELS: All bed linens and towels are provided as described below. Please adhere to these requests:
Please understand that linens and towels are provided. Sorry, no beach towels.
When you arrive all the beds will be made up for you.
Towels will be provided for the number of people you have stated will be in the house.
See my Table of Contents (http://www.vineyardvacationhomes.com/bedsize.html) for information regarding the size of beds in your house.
Please make sure you bring extra towels and beach towels if needed.
I supply mattress pads, pillows and blankets, all sheets and pillow cases
for the beds; and one bath towel, one hand towel and one wash cloth per
I will need to know how many towels to leave out for your party. Please let me know in the lease.
You will be responsible for insuring that all linens and towels are left at the house when you vacate.
In addition, NO linens or towels may be taken to the beach. These are house towels and linens only. Thanks for your help in this matter.
You do not need to wash and dry and fold the linens and towels when you vacate.
Leave all sheets and pillow cases on the beds as you found them. Do not take linens off the beds.
Put all the dirty towels in the laundry room (in kitchen area of the three bedroom homes). Except for 37 Hamblen Way; leave all dirty towels in bathtub in bathroom.
You will find the towels on the shelf in the bedroom closets (except in 37 Hamblen Way)
10. All Local and Long Distance Phone Calls Are Free. Please do not rely on the house phone for calls. The telephone system works on internet. Use your cell phone if the house phones do not work.
11. TRASH: Lessee is responsible for all trash and garbage removal and for leaving premises, both inside and outside in the Same Condition as Found upon Taking Occupancy. Landlord Will Provide for Trash Removal Once per Week. Please Make Sure Trash Is Placed Outside in trash barrels IN the Covered Wooden Trash Bins by 11 AM on Thursdays. No Trash Is to Be Left in the House.
12. The lease must be signed by you and returned to me by fax (508-629-0098) or scanned/PDF and emailed to me within 72 hours of you receiving it by email. You will ONLY have my digital signature on this lease. The e-mail paper trail and my digital signature is your legal foundation. Please print and bring all email, along with the lease on your vacation. Don't forget to bring "the directions" and "where to find the key".
13. Please confirm with landlord where to pick up keys for house.
14. Tenant will automatically be charged $100.00 per hour after 11
AM on day of vacating house unless landlord has agreed in writing/email that
this time has been extended.
This charge is NOT a security deposit issue. PLEASE leave on time so the house is ready for our next guest. Thanks.
15. I provide Basic Cable TV. There are no premiun channels
or sports package channels. If you need any changes to the CABLE TV
channels the cost is $100.00 for any change.
It could be more depending on what channels you want but the minimum is $100.00. I need about a week to accomlish this change.
If these channels are important to you, please contact me ASAP.
__CS Freedman________________ ___________________________ ________________________
Signature of Lessor
Signature of Tenant #1
of Tenant #2
Digital Signature of
Clifton S. Freedman
_____________________________ ___________________________ ________________________
Signature of Tenant #3 Signature of Tenant #4 Signature of Tenant #5
13. It is FURTHERMORE agreed that Tenant must not allow anyone to bring in dirt or sand, nor enter the Premises in wet clothing. Tenant must use special areas provided for showering and dressing after outside activities. Tenant shall keep grounds neat and clean. When You Vacate, Please Remove All Food from Refrigerator and Wipe the Refrigerator Clean for next Guest.
__________________________Signature of Tenant
(click here to find Where Is The Key to the house!!)
CANCELLATION POLICY : The entire rental amount (including balance due) is non-refundable unless house is re-rented within one week of cancellation, (with written notice of cancellation only). Please make a special note that we do not accept check deposits or credit card deposits to hold a home. If you give us your credit card number then you have rented one of our homes subject to the cancellation policy stated above. Changes in "dates of rental" once a reservation is made, is subject to a $100.00 additional fee per change. Make your ferry reservations for your car ASAP! . All cancellations must be in writing. We accept MasterCard and Visa; cancellation policies for credit cards are the same as for non-credit